I was at Earth Fare the other day and I tried a ginger shot. Within 15 minutes, any feelings of inflammation subsided. The amazing ginger and its anti-inflammatory effects! Immediately I came home and invented this recipe. Here is what you need to make it happen:
Anti-inflammatory Ginger Tumeric Shot
Ingredients: blend together in a blender or Vitamix and juice it.
- 1 large piece of peeled ginger, about 2-4 inches long (experiment with different amounts of this please!)
- 1/2c coconut milk or any non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp Golden Milk blend (see link below)
- 1 tsp coconut oil or any oil (improves absorption)
I used the following product in mine and it was delicious!
Check out the link below!
Benefits of Ingredients:
1. Ginger- it is a rhizome plant that has been used in medicine for 4700 years! IT is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent which can improve CVD, indigestion, immune system, respiratory function, and bacterial infections. “The Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobials published a study in 2011 that tested just how effective ginger is in enhancing immune function. Comparing the ability of ginger to kill Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes with conventional antibiotics, Nigerian researchers discovered that the natural solution won every time!” (Axe, n.d.)
2. Tumeric– comes from the cucuma longa plant which grows in India and Southeast Asia. It has powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, pain killing, cholesterol lowering, blood sugar lowering properties. Many studies indicate that tumeric is extremely effective to arthritis and other pain related conditions. It is best taken with black pepper. According to a study, published in Planta Medica, taking turmeric in combination with black pepper, which contains piperine, improves turmeric absorbability throughout the entire body. They added 20mg of piperine to 2,000mg turmeric, and it increased the bioavailability of turmeric 154 percent! (Axe, n.d.)
3. Coconut- Medium chain fatty acid known for its caprylic acid, lauric acid and capric acid. It is a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial as it is able to penetrate the lipid walls of bacteria and can kill H. pylori as well. It is a potent anti-fungal (thanks to lauric acid found in monolaurin) and can reduce candida and viruses. Coconut oil can also improve your energy and metabolism and can be used as fuel. Great for digestion and improves ulcerative colitis. If coconut oil is taken at the same time as your omega 3 supplement, it can make them twice as effective, as they are readily available to be digested and used by the body.
This stuff is great for your gut, and can improve bacteria and gut health by destroying bad bacteria and candida together! Dazzling duo!!!
Interesting notes in regards to UTI :
Coconut oil has been known to clear up and heal urinary tract infection and kidney infections. The MCFAs in the oil work as a natural antibiotic by disrupting the lipid coating on bacteria and killing them. Research also shows that coconut oil directly protects the liver from damage.(Axe, n.d.) Coconut water also helps hydrate and support the healing process. Doctors have even injected coconut water to clear up kidney stones. Coconut is a powerful superfood, which is evident given all these tremendous coconut oil benefits.
There are too many benefits to list, such as weight loss and periodontal health, so here is a link for you to check out yourself. I have been using Monolaurin myself with great success all around and even lost a few pounds!
Axe,John. (n.d.) 12 Medicinal Benefits of Ginger. Retrieved from https://draxe.com/10-medicinal-ginger-health-benefits/
Axe, John. (n.d.) 12 Tumeric Benefits: Superior to Medications? Retrieved from https://draxe.com/turmeric-benefits/
Axe, John (n.d.) 20 Coconut Oil Benefits and Side Effects (#5 is Life Saving). Retrieved from https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-benefits/