I was inspired to make meatloaf today, so I wanted to share the recipe. It’s simple, easy and very healthy to eat on a clean eating diet.
- 1lb of lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Italian seasoning blend ( about 1 tbsp)
- 1 whole omega egg
- salt and pepper
- 1/2c flaxseed meal
Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with your hands, making sure all the ingredients are blended well. In a glass baking dish, pour mixture and flatten into the dish. I added some ketchup on top to give it more flavor, but if you are avoiding all sugars, you should omit this. You can also use sugar free ketchup or fruit sweetened ketchup if you like. Bake in the oven at 300 degrees for 1.5 hours. ( Ill use this baking opportunity to bake a few sweet potatoes in foil to eat with this to make it a nice healthy dinner.